A Maryland man found out the hard way that you can teach an old dog new tricks when his mutt nearly burned down his house after figuring out how to light one of his e-cigarettes.
The dog’s owner, whose name was not released, says he went out for a ride on his motorcycle because it was such a beautiful day and returned home to find smoke pouring from his home, with his couch and carpet in flames. Firefighters had to offer oxygen to three dogs that suffered smoke inhalation one of which appeared to have triggered the vaping device by chewing on it.
A Montgomery County Fire Department spokesperson says the pooch wasn’t a bad dog, adding, “We have had dogs that started fires on tops of stoves by accidentally jumping up and actually hitting the knob, so those things can happen. They are purely, truly accidents.”